By Jacqueline Engel
Remains of a painted plaster pavement from the ruins of a palace of King Akhenaten near El-Hagg Qandll (El-Amarna).
It was found in 1891 and it was decided that it be left in situ and a shelter was constructed over it.
In 1910, some villagers, apparently out of spite, broke in and destroyed most of it. The pieces were brought to the Museum and the whole reconstructed from drawings made of it while it was complete.
Egyptian Museum Caïro
1 pensiero su “Pavement from Akhetaton”